Friday, March 30, 2012

A Whole Lot of Nothing

So another week is down and I am still not really up to a whole lot. Little things here and there mostly I guess, still mainly coping with the loss of my great grandfather. That one was a bit hard for me. My downtime has been spent either editing my girlfriends writing, playing video games or watching stuff on xbox live thanks to Crackle. All in all, not really a whole lot.

So my girlfriend actually has three completely written books that she is hoping to see published. At this moment she is passing them over to the computer and I have landed the editor job on her books. This is great because I get a sneak peak at what has been written since I have never seen it before but since she seems to be passing random chapters it's all over the place. None have been consecutive so far that I have edited. Past that she is really a great writer, but I haven't focused a lot on the story, just the little things that need to be fixed in it. Which isn't a whole lot really. That being said on to the next tidbit from this week.

As I mentioned I have been watching things on xbox live thanks to an app for the xbox called Crackle. I recently discovered that it has the full Ruruni Kenshin anime series on it. All the episodes which made me really really happy because I never did get to see all the episodes. I haven't gotten very far into the series yet, most my xbox live time is spent playing Gears of War 3 with my friends TorchedTiki and Bearlobster, both friends from back in the states I used to go bowling with a lot. On the Gears front not a lot of new info there other than the fact that I have gotten a little bit closer to another level online and am less than four hundred kills from getting a new medal. Not all that interesting really.

My stories are both progressing at a very nice rate. I have finally decided how I want to start my newest story but I haven't sat down to actually write it out yet. As to the older story that I have begun a rewrite on it is progressing steadily through it's third chapter now. I have even introduced the mage friend of the main character who I have actually decided to describe as my grandfather from my fathers side because of the simple fact that to me he is the wisest man I know in my life, and the character I am portraying him as is extremely wise as well. I hope he doesn't mind that I am doing this. It's my way of saying how much I love him and how much he has impacted my life. With that said that is all that I have done with my writing as of today. Maybe by next week I will have more done.

The last thing I would like to say is that I will miss my great grandfather a lot. I hope he has found peace now that he has passed and I know that sometime in the future we will see each other again. Thanks to everyone for reading and I hope everyone stays safe and has fun out there. Til next week, auf wiedersehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment