Friday, March 23, 2012

It Lives!

Okay. So I haven't posted in a really long time. But fear not, I have a good reason as to why. I had planned for this blog to have a lot of pictures. Well those pictures got moved to my portable hard drive so I could get to them faster. Only that kind of backfired on me for a little while. Now the reason I say that is because it stopped working for a little bit but as you can see from the blog itself and the title it is most obviously working again, which is nothing short of a miracle to me. So anyway, onto the blog itself.

So, this blog is actually from two weeks ago now and it is about an event that was held at my girlfriends college. The events name literally translates to Five Days With Our Earth. The event is actually a week long but that's details. The point of it though is that there are a bunch of people who come from all over the island to sell their crafts, be that homemade cakes, hand carved wood and stone, leather that was tanned and made into bags and shoes and even belts. There are also metal workers, and there are people who make all sorts of things besides that. I actually got a new rosary that I wear everyday. The guy who made it used these small dark and pale green stones which he put on metal pieces that make up the whole thing. The event was amazing and fun and the cakes that me and my girlfriend had from it were absolutely amazing. Now I'm going to post the pictures I have, if you can't see the animals too well sorry, I did the best I could.


This Picture is of the Arabian horse that they had at the event. There are a lot of animals and I don't remember all the names of them so sorry in advance for not being able to tell you all the different types.


 This is one of the few cows that were there. I don't remember the species name but one of those horns is as long as my arm.


This was another of the horses, which type I can no longer remember. I took these two weeks ago.


Look, it's a sheep. I like sheep.


This was a mother cow and her calf, but as I am aware you cannot see the baby. So yeah, this picture didn't come out like I hoped.


The mule that they had at the event. First mule I have ever seen.


This was one of the goats that was there, he wouldn't stop eating so I had to take this picture as is. Him with his face buried in the food bucket.


These were some of those tiny horses, quarter horses I think, not ponies. There were ponies but I didn't take any pictures of them.


I took this picture because the goat has four horns. I thought that was really awesome looking.


That is one of the many many baby goats they had there, actually, that was the smallest one there.


Another goat. I love goats, they are so awesome to me.


This big guy was quite intimidating to look at but as my girlfriend informed me is actually a really gentle and sweet animal. He is a really rare breed of cow on the island that I don't remember the name of but just one bull from his species is worth $1000. I would say that's an expensive cow.


Another picture of the big guy. Turned out better that the first one. He didn't get close enough for anyone to touch him. He just kinda stared at everyone with this really disinterested look.


The huge cow statue that the school has for the Five Days With Our Earth event. That metal stuff next to it was the stage that the school set up for the bands that came and performed at the event.


Your common milk cow. This was actually supposed to be the first picture but since it got posted at the bottom oh well.

Well that summarizes that. That is all the pictures I took while we were wondering around there. It was a lot of fun and I hope everyone likes the pictures. This is by far the most I have shown of what I have done in one day. I just wish that my hard drive hadn't acted up so I could have posted this sooner. Well that is all. I hope everyone enjoys. Be safe and I will have a new post up next week now that my hard drive is back up and running.

2 comments:

  1. Sheep, what's a ewe? It's like an owie only no band aid. No really what's an ewe? Laughing its a female sheep. Sigh, well how do I know if its a female sheep? Ya lift the tail son... A lot of laughing.

    An exerpt from Wow days past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the four horned 'goat' is a Jacob sheep. They have four horns and are pretty cool. Have ok fleece too.

    ReplyDelete